“What do you mean by running a blog? You have close to 3
exams coming up, how are you going to cope with it?” My subconscious scolds me,
I flinch internally because she’s right but then I think of Linda Ikeji and
other Women that have made it big in the financial world and I’m pretty
determined, especially when I imagine myself gracing a red carpet, probably at
WIMBIZ with the honor of been “The Creator of Nigeria’s leading Teen blog” or “Young,
Successful Teen Blogger”, Just something catching. “What do you have in mind?”
Olamide’s voice butt into my daydream and I frown because my imagination of me
on the red carpet is now different, this time we’re four: Me, Olamide, Mercy
and Elley… Way to go, I frown again but then why am I a Leo born if I don’t get
offended by things like that (not to be proud though).
“A blog, I wanna create a blog to get teenagers together with
the aim of financial security” I say “What? I’m lost” Elley says and Olamide agrees
“Why are we doing this again?” Mercy drops one of her pessimistic comments and I
roll my eyes at her “Financial security simply means freedom from economic
breakdown, if that’s correctly phrased. I mean, your assets should supersede
your expenses/liabilities. You know what I mean by assets right?” I ask,
turning to Olamide and Elley, because Mercy is a commercial student and has a
tendency to grasp the concept. Olamide looks lost and she isn’t even trying to
hide it sef, Elley on the other hand looks absentmindedly deep in thoughts. “So
about the blog, how?” Mercy asks……
From experience, we never know what we're capable of until we actually try. Who knows, you might be a good writer/journalist/blogger. Don't be scared to take chances.
No comments:
Post a Comment