Saturday, 11 March 2017



 WELCOME TO FINANCIAL TEENAGERS FORUM

I begin my day with money management in my head, I get ready for school and make up my mind to follow Arese Ugwu’s Financial Advice in her book “THE SMART MONEY WOMAN”.
Crazy ideas rotate around my brain and I’m getting pessimistic about money management as a student in Lagos for that matter, Lagos where the prices of things are not falling, Lagos where you have to keep up with trends when you’re flat broke, Lagos where conductors cannot even carry students for free *rolling eyes*
“Agbara, Ijanikin, Okoko…” the voice of a bus conductor snaps me out of my thoughts, I holla at my siblings to come with me “Ijanikin how much?” I ask “Wole (enter, in Yoruba), #100” he says absent mindedly, calling other passengers “Ah Ahn, #80 na” I try to haggle but failed epically because Lagos conductors are now getting wise.



“Mercy, I read this book and I’ve been motivated. Don’t you think, we’re basically wasting our brains in school, na wa oo. Who WAEC epp?” I ask her, she gives me that eyes that says see this goat, better shut up and read. “I agree with Sarah” Olamide chirps in, trust her to hate studying sometimes “I came up with crazy ways we can make money as teenagers in our final year” I say “Jobless girl, I’m sha interested” Elley says in her cat-like voice “It cant work. Dreams don’t come true in Nigeria” Mercy says “ Stop being a pessimist or I’ll punch your nose out of place” I say, speaking on behalf of me, Elley and Olamide “Tell me what you have in mind………”.✌✌
*DRUM ROLLS*
WELCOME TO THE ONLY BLOG I KNOW THAT CAN ACTUALLY HELP TEENAGERS FINANCIALLY, WATCH OUT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER THAT WILL FEATURE THE FIRST MONEY MAKING IDEA ON THE BLOG!!

1 comment: